www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: trolling speeds in cold water

Default trolling speeds in cold water

hey guys,

Fished on Saturday afternoon with similar results as the last 2 outtings. Esky river launch is open as of sat. with no ice and south of gladstone to esky was good as far as ice goes... I have a few questions about this cold water trolling business. I've been skunked the last 3 times out, once at night which really amazed me and twice during the day. I've been adjusting my speeds slower and slower and trying different depths but nothings paying out... I've tried snap weights on cranks during the day along with running them from 12-on down and also have tried crawlers and spinners on bottom bouncers but not sure of the dive curve for the one ounce bottom bouncers... I usually run reef runners and deep tail dancers and also some deep down husky jerks. As far as harnesses I have been running bigger blades not sure if thats right but assumed bigger meal better bite... Hopefully with a little help I can put it all together and get one on the wall before the lake is solid...

Thanks guys
    Jerkbait

I'm not sure about the combinations you're running but I usually troll 3 colors of 18 LB leadcore with Bombers or Storm AJ's around 1.3MPH SOG. I usually stick close to the breaks in 26'-32' of water and occasionally wander out over the deeper water looking for suspended fish. This is usually good for a couple of fish day or night and lot's more if you get it dialed in.