www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Another Classic.............

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now I know why Fishwizard scares me,we had a similar guy in our HS class.He'd take a box of 'farmers'matches(wood ones)and sit by an ant pile for hours burning ants.
    Don't really want to say where he ended up but suspect he's still wearing a tight fitting white jacket wherever it is.

When we were kids, out in our cow pasture, we had two enormous ant hills. One had black ants, one had red ants. You guessed it. Get a big stick....dig around in the black ants til they were pissed and crawling all over the stick, then run it over and put them in the red ant pile. Once the red ants were done with the black ants it was time for revenge, get some red ants over to the black ants and let them have their way.

Favorite was gopher trapping though. Always made it interesting somehow! Jump on the John Deere "B" tractor with a shovel, traps and some hub caps and head to the fields. If we were lucky enough to catch two live gophers, then we would play gladiator with them. Had to make farm work interesting.

The other night my family and I were sitting at the dinner table and the discussion of what the wife and I used to do when we were our children's age came up. When we told them that we did chores, worked and played outside all day long they were in utter shock. Couldn't believe we didn't have playstation or xbox to play and that our moms would kick us out of the house during the day to go and play. How the times have changed, eh?

My oldest son, who is almost 16, thinks that working at Burger King or Subway is going to be to much labor intensive work. I have some farmer friends that could use his help picking rock this spring. Bet after a few days of that, Subway wont be looking too bad!!!!!
    Thanks,

Bret
    MR OPTI
    Operation Iraqi Freedom 06-08
    President and ONLY member, Dick Pearson Fan Club
    "We're Just Makin Memories"

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Now I know why Fishwizard scares me,we had a similar guy in our HS class.He'd take a box of 'farmers'matches(wood ones)and sit by an ant pile for hours burning ants.

This guy is so wasteful. Doesn't he know its much easier to use solar power to cook ants??? We used to make wise use of our magnifying glass.

Yeah, sometimes I scare myself. Actually my wife often marvels at how I'm still alive after many of the things I've done in my childhood. Thankfully I've stopped doing most of them.