www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tionesta Creek

Default Tionesta Creek

Hey Red,
    Just wanted to report that I caught a 38" musky casting at the mouth of the Tionesta Creek. It was on Thanksgiving Day and I was the only person on the water most of the day. The water was 38 degrees at noon and although it was sunny the water only reached 38.7 degrees by day end. I was casting a white bulldog.

Sorry to reply so late.........Congrats on the fish and thanks for the report.

Is the river clear down there too???
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Red,
    Tionesta Creek is always clear, but the river is usually colored. Where they come together is usually a great spot to catch a musky using the dirty water for cover.

I was just curioius if you guys had clear water conditions like we do up here. I have never seen this section of river this low and clear during November/December in 15 years.

Thanks for the update.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

After spending several hrs out on the 4th at the end of the creek just above the river confluence the water is crystal clear and so is the river. My buddy caught and a very healthy 3 footer just below the old wooden dam. It took him over 5 min to land this excellent fighting female. I am always amazed how some of these fish will fight in such cold water !! Released it of course. Later right before the moon rose at 11:45am my other friend landed an eye that was 28.5/17 and just over 8 lbs. We thought it would be heavier but not so. He kept the fish only to give it to me when we got home as he was not feeling too good and didn't feel like filleting. What a guy !!! Had some very nice fillets from it. This was the same place an older fellow landed a 30"er a week before. Hopefully this is a sign of the hogs fattening up. The 28.5"er hit a 7" live sucker. Funny thing was this fish had 6 shiners in her stomach and all were about 4" each. No big bait at all which was surprising to me. Good thing is that size is about all i have left so i think i'll just jig with those.