www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Longer vs. shorter rods...

Default Longer vs. shorter rods...

first off, thanks again mike for taking the time to chat with me last winter about longer / custom rods. from your suggestions i had keith at proedge build me two 8' 10" croix legends out of the swimbait blanks and they were great for me this year and he is in the process of building me one more legend for the really heavy baits. i am curious about what you and others have experienced thus far since switching to the longer rods. i am hoping to book a trip with you next year from way out here in pittsburgh.
    stan

Love at first toss...gonna have a 9 footer built this winter...never again will I throw a short rod.

I second the longer rods I ordered 2 8'10" Pro Edges from Keith this spring they are worth every penny. They make your figure 8 almost efffortless. Keith's workmanship is the best. I was surprised with details like line guide placement, the line sails out right off the reel, making ridiculously long casts!
    I think alot of guys don't understand that with the short or long "pool cues"
    you don't get proper loading up of the rod to make nice long casts. Pro Edge rods have the perfect back bone for the baits we throw. I 've used braided lines since they came out for ALL of my fishing and fast tips are a must.
    It may seem like alot of money but to get a one piece rod with this kind of action it can't be beat! Alot of guys are looking at Ganders, Okuma, and Tica,
    but I think they'll come away disappointed. I just made up my mind that these are tools and I won't sacrifice on a good tool! If you looking for a new rod go Pro Edge! Eat out a little less, don't buy those lottery tickets! Soon the extra cash won't seem so bad. Next spring when your doing that 8 you'll be glad!

Take a kid fishing they'll have a liftime of memories!!

Buddy Ellenburg

9 footers all the way, every bait, every cast of the season....9 footer...

For those of you who like or are looking for longer rods....be patient....there just might be some available soon.......
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all