www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake suggestions Bemidji area

Default Lake suggestions Bemidji area

Thinking about planning a trip up to your area lakes was hoping you could suggest some. Been going up to Vilas Cnty for some years now need a change. Don't really know anything about the area, but looking for something with a northwoods feel. Does'nt have to have fancy resorts or cabins just a place to rest in between shifts. Less houses or resorts i see the better or am i way off from what the area is like any help appreciated thanks.

If looking for the "Northwoods feel" the Bemidji area lakes are not it.

Lake Bemidji is smack in the middle of the town, with the campus of Bemidji State University directly on the water.

When it comes to Minnesota musky fishing, there aren't to many lakes that give you the feel of the smaller Wisconsin lakes that I used to fish....it's all aobut what you are after.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Check out Spider Lake in Itasca County. There's 2 resorts and maybe 3 small cabins on the whole lake. It's in a national forest so there won't be any more development. Anyways, Spider Lake Resort has fantastic facilities and very friendly. There's also North Star Lake in Itasca and that isn't overloaded with houses. Both have great fishing. And if you don't have very good luck on either lake it's nothing to jump to another musky lake close by.

Good luck.