www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: winter fishing questions

Default winter fishing questions

i have never really fished in the late fall and winter months. so i guess my question is should i change lines to an ice type line is there any special gear i should use, if i do take the boat out should i run an antifreeze in the fuel tank. anything you can think of that i left out.

I pulled a thread back to the top pertaining to line freezing prevention. As for the gas tank, I do not do anything different except to keep my tank full when storing to prevent any condensation.

If you are running a prop, it is a good idea to turn the engine over AS SOON AS YOU PULL IT OUT OF THE WATER for a few seconds to pump out the few ounces that will be there. My partner has been using a heat wrap around the lower unit because his has been stored outside the past week waiting to guide this weekend.

Even if you store your prop engine in a heated garage, the trip back home in fridgid conditions will be all it takes for the internal water to expand (at 39 degrees) prior to actually freezing...........
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

thanks a lot Red.