www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Year end totals

Default Year end totals

Well, we had some really good fishing and some really slow fishing. Overall, I'd rate the year as average or below average. For guiding I'd rate the year as the best client year I've had. Lots of great trips and laughs.

Here are the totals for the year:

-94 total fish from the Chip

-58 under 40 inches(most either 32 inches or 39 inches, a couple good year classes)

-36 that were 40 inches or better

-Only seven that were 45 inches or better
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Hey, thanks for the numbers, Ty.

It'd be interesting to do the old "fish of a thousand casts" math here if you had a reasonably close idea of how many hours you were out year, too.

No idea on that one. I don't keep track of that. Just the fish, lure, spot, person, and day.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default Pacemaker Comparison

Ty,

Did you happen to do any analysis on how the plastic Pacemakers compared to the wooden ones? Just curious...

I bought my first one this season (wooden) and love the action. Hopefully I'll have more time to throw it next season.

Hi Ty,

Following on from Fred's question, do you have a distribution by lure ?

My results this year broken down are:

Bulldawg 7%
    Crankbait 7%
    Spinnerbait 14%
    Bucktail 29%
    Pacemaker 43%

Sure seemed to be a topwater year...

I like the plastic one WAY better than the wood one. At first I wasn't sure but after throwing them side by side the plastic one definitely beat the wood one in fish. I'll compare totals for all lures at some point today.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

I wood, I mean would agree . . . . . . the plastic pacemaker outfishes the wood one, even after the wife smacks them on docks. I could say they are "Sennett tough", but I have seen Ty scream like a little girl when it was not warranted, Ty not so tough . . . . . .the plastic Pacemaker???? Oh yea!!!!!

Sorry Ty,

Corey Meyer

Hi Ty --

Sounds like your done fishing for the year, but we're still at it down here. Was out to Okuchee today and froze my butt off, 15 degress w/15-20 winds from NW making it hard to row -- but still trying for the "big girl", cause you can't catch em sitting on the couch.

Thanks for the totals -- they are very interesting.

See you at the shows.
    Randy "Frazier" Stauffer

Corey, that just hurt the one feeling I had left.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

I missed a few fish on the chart. Rachel found two more so I really had 96. I'm sure there were some smaller ones I forgot to put up also. Close enough.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

9 fish for me this year. 2 under 30".

bucktails 5
    topwater 2
    jerkbait 2

I had a few on topwater that shook off. Really bad year for me on top compared to last year. I did catch a small pike on a big Pacemaker though...

Default Plastic Pacemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    I missed a few fish on the chart. Rachel found two more so I really had 96. I'm sure there were some smaller ones I forgot to put up also. Close enough.
    Ty,

I have to agree with Corey about the "new" Pacemaker. After Dorazio had us throwing one up on the Clams I couldn't find one for myself fast enough. I like my original wood lures but the sound of the plastic lures is much more distinctive. Of course being plastic also makes it tougher than the original. It's nice to see someone make an improvement to a good lure and actually have it be a real improvement rather than be able to make it for $.50 less. That deserves an " Atta Boy !!".
    I'll make sure Frazier and I stop to see you in Milwaukee or Madison.
    By the way don't know if you are looking to turn your "Midnight Special" Ranger over but I had heard the same thing about about the 618 tiller only. Tuffy had a good looking "show" boat on the Muskies First site, not black metalflake but not bad looking. 1760 with a 150 Opti that maybe they would be willing to change out for a 140 Suzi-Q. Nice boat ! Wouldn't mind this boat in my driveway but the lady in charge and I are having differing opinions on my need for a new boat. Go figure !
    re: Ghosttails- Black Perch ?

Thanks EsoxChaser. I did see the new Tuffy boats. If only they could get rid of the 1960's consoles. The rest of the boat looks great.

For the Ghosttails; we caught fish on a bunch of different ones but black perch is always a go to for us.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default Tuffy Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Thanks EsoxChaser. I did see the new Tuffy boats. If only they could get rid of the 1960's consoles. The rest of the boat looks great.

For the Ghosttails; we caught fish on a bunch of different ones but black perch is always a go to for us.
    Yeah, don't get why if the deck is molded as one piece that the console can't be molded in. Of course that means two separate molds for console boats and tiller boats. You'd look good though flying across the Flowage at the speed of sound in an X-190 . ;-)

Haven't you heard the phrase "speed kills"? The way I drive speed is not an option. I've had fast motorized toys before and have the scars to prove it. I've come to find that sorta fast is the best speed for me to stay alive.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843