Bob and I casted our butts off yesterday but the net stayed dry once again. It was the first time I had actually musky fished in 5 months but since Bob was alone, I decided to clean up behind him. Each of us had a fish come to the boat (within 30 minutes of each other) and I was the lucky guy who lost the only fish of the day……on a botched fig-8. (I’ll need to take a refresher course in boatside maneuvers after that poor performance.) Conditions were pretty decent in the morning but got much worse as the wind and rain increased. The wind began changing directions and temps dropped as another cold front moved into the area.

It was strange fishing in such low water for this time of year. The river is usually 2-4 feet higher than this with a nice green color. The summer drought and low rainfall amounts this fall has the Reservoir close to winter pool already……which means low river flows this Fall. If and when the river bumps up this Fall, it’s going to be a real mess for several days as the bank leaves wash out and get flushed to Pittsburgh.

Based on recent results and today’s forecasted conditions, we decided to cancel today’s trip.

Good luck and stay tuned!