www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sonar Spooking 全kis

Default Sonar Spooking 全kis

Sonar's Spookin' 'skies???
    Sonar "scaring" fish isn't a new concept.

It's been a topic of discussion for decades (seriously) for all different species of fish.

The problem: Sonar can undoubtedly help us catch fish, which is why folks almost never actually turn it off....

With that in mind, here's a quick story from Josh Borovsky this past weekend at the PMTT on Lake Vermilion:

"At one point in the middle of the day on day two of the tournament, (my partner) Troy told me to 'use the force.' I told him we’re really going to use the force for real and go completely dark.

"And even though I had gone to the trouble of adding an extra mega plus side imaging transducer on the front of my boat on a pole just for this event, we did the unthinkable. Not only did I power that down, we shut off all the electronics in the boat and ran the spot blind.

"About 5 mins later we boated a 47.5 inch musky, which moved us up the leaderboard. Was it a fluke? Maybe, but it didn’t feel like it considering we had given that fish several other chances to eat at more optimal times and conditions."

Here's a photo of the 47.5 incher:

More from Josh:

"So while I was already convinced the muskies were getting conditioned to livescope beams being on them, I am starting to think SI beams can be added to the list. It’s hard to shut your graphs off, but if you’ve already used them to tell you where they are and you know that, it might be worth giving it a try.

Food for thought!
    Last edited by Red Childress; 08-27-2023 at 05:25 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com