www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: good gloves?

Default good gloves?

Was wondering what you guys think are the best gloves for fishing. Bought a pair of renegade neoprene and I think they are junk. My hands were soaked. I now have a pair called stormkloth. They seem to work better, I used them for hunting the 18th and they held up pretty good. Are there any manufacturers that sell good gloves to use with baitcasters?? Just wondering, good luck guys, the ice clock is ticking loud.

I use Sealskinz gloves, not alot of insulation, thus I wear and liner pair of wool gloves under the Sealskinz and a heat pack insert in the palms if out for a long period of time.

Cody

i like ice armor gloves. i havnt found anything yet that is 100% perfect or waterproof. but the ice armors are the closest thing to that. the neoprene gloves will not keep you 100% dry, but the neoprene helps retain the body heat. problem is once you take the gloves off and try to put them back on they are usally ice cold.
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

I have also tried just about every glove out there over the years and I keep going back to the ones I have had for years.

Fingerless wool gloves, with insulation inside.

Neoprene gets cold and STAYS REALLY COLD, I wouldn't recommend any neoprene gloves. As far as "waterproof" gloves, haven't found one yet...and I have a few pair of $45-50 "waterproof" gloves that SUCK.

I keep about 7 pair of the fingerless wool gloves in my boat and when they get soaked from picking up fish or whatever, I change them out. Even when the wool is wet, it is NOT cold.

So if you are getting any gloves, pick up a pair or two of the wool gloves and don't waste your time and money on the others.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all