www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Dodging bullets on the River

Default Dodging bullets on the River

Tanner,
    I am planning on coming up to my cabin on the chip river for the weekend.
    Couple of questions if you have time. I have fished the gun opener before, and plan on hitting the chip river Dam to Ojibwa State park on Saturday, are the slack waters iced up yet? Are suckers still available in Winter at BP or Citico?

Any other info would be great.

Thanks James
    I have the White pick-up truck we chatted about a month ago at BP, you were hitting the Flam. we were hitting the chip.

James,
    Whats going on? I have never personally fished during gun opener before, have during the week of, and dones ok fishing. The bad this is ice. Lake winter froze over last night, along with alot of the smaller lakes. you might be kinda limited on where to fish, but I have done really well fishing when there is ice on only part of the river, it seems like the fish gravitate to the edge of the ice, cast your lure up on the ice, and then bring it into the water, the muskies sit right on that edge. Suckers might be a bit tough to comeby then. if you can bring some from home, I would suggest it. I doubt that any shops in winter or hayward will have them still. Hope this helps, and post how you do fishing!

Good luck,
    Tanner widles
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Thank for the quick reply, we still have suckers down here in Madison, so I will bring them with me. Funny I have done the ice thing with my lure only as a joke, but I will give it a try. It makes sense, I found that on the rivers the more edges I can put together on any given cast or presentation the more action I get. Sometimes they are not as clear as rock point eddy plus current. I have found the low water to be blessing and a curse. The big girls seem to hold pretty close to the holes and I was able to stay on them all year. I am after one that got away 2 days in a row, we never put a hook in her but got a couple of really good looks.

Thanks again and we'll see ya at the shows. Looking forward to seeing some of your new baits. Black on black was good for us this summer/fall