www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Geneva Lake Delavan Madison Lakes Fishing Reports

1. Default Lake Geneva Lake Delavan Madison Lakes Fishing Reports

Walleye fishing has been good this week. There are two patterns that are effective. The first pattern is casting crankbaits down the weed lines. The other is fishing lindy rigs or split shot rigs using leeches or nightcrawlers. Most of the success is during the first hour of daylight or the first few hours after sunset.

Smallmouth bass are being caught amongst the walleyes. The bass I caught last week were all over 16 inches. Leeches seem to work the best.

Largemouth bass fishing has been really good. Some of the bass are being caught on the deep weed lines fishing Texas rigged worms or lizards. This seems to be producing most of the action. The weed points seem to have the largest concentration of fish. I prefer using nightcrawlers around the docks. The best locations are by the motor outwash areas.

Crappies action has been outstanding. I’ve been working the deeper weeds in 12-15 ft. The fish are suspending anywhere between 2 and 10 ft. down. One of the keys to locating the crappies is looking for active surface feeding fish.

Bluegill fishing has been excellent also. Some of the bluegills are in the 3-4 ft. range spawning; others are still out in the deep waters 22-26 ft. preparing to spawn. To catch the deeper fish, a good locator is a necessity. For the deep fish I’ve been straight lining beneath the boat leaf worms or red worms. The shallow fish can be caught on bobbers and a small hook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220624_084509[2].jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	32155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220624_084001[1].jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	32156  
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com