Red gave up his story.....

I'm sure we all have a few good ones, let's hear'em!!!
Could be fun, could save a life from reading them sometime.

MY CLOSE CALL
Running the river one day I decided a new path would save me some time as the water was like 10,000+ for an outflow and my 20HP doesn't push it too fast, I figured the backwater would save some time. Right as I get back to the main river right directly in front of the rock covered island in the fastest current spot in the river in tha area my motor kicks up as it wasn't adjusted perfectly. The motor lock in the up right position and is screaming out of the water, scares the crap out of you, knocks me off plane and am heading for the rock covered island fast and sideways!!!! I grab a lifejacket and throw one arm through it and hurry up and try to get the motor back down and started, lucky it started first pull and I took off just in time as the side of the boat just scraped the first rock on the point that the water was breaking over. Water was a chilly 33 degrees that day. Water was rolling and curling up a good 2 feet so flipped for sure I'd think? I really thought about jumping just as it hit and hope to land on the shore, but someone was looking out for me and I took a chance, could of cost me.
For those of you who know the river it's the flare island at the refinery in Warren.

I was alone to boot!

MY STUPID THING.

Stupid thing, winter fishing two days in a row, I unhook the boat before backing down the ramp.......carpet bunks are frozen, boat launches itself except before I made it to the water. Lands right on the launch 2 feet from the water. Knocked a hole in the boat and broke my jet "bucket" that is your fwd/rev. 2 hours of messing around and we ended up fishing anyways with fwd gear only and got a 34" for sticking it out!!!!
$95 stupid mistake for a new bucket, and $40 for a guy to weld up the hole we packed full of JB weld so we could still fish that day.