www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice over ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ice is good

Hey Pete,

That was us at the boat landing Sunday eveing, the 23rd. Sorry we didn't walk our, but we were wore out from hunting.

As of Sunday the 30th, there was about six inches of good ice out in front of our place. We did catch a few nice walleyes during the week and some small ones too. One of our boys had a nice musky up to the hole, but it broke the line on the hole.

I suppose you guys will be moving your shack out this coming weekend.
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Hi Tim

I saw you there and knew it was you. I had just caught a 17" walleye (the only one of the day) and was going to walk over but you left. Don't worry, we will meet up again i'm sure.

We fished last Friday straight out from the Sportsman's landing on the channel side of that island. Fishing was very slow. Think we caught five walleye, with none being over 14".

Fished on Smith Lake Sat and Sun with about the same results. We caught four walleye Sat, two being 16". Sun we got a nice 25" northern and no walleyes. Hopefully the fishing will pick up, but early ice is usually the best for us.

Did you get any deer? Report sounds bad.

Shack out next weekend. Going to the St. Paul Ice Fishing Show this weekend.

Peter

As of Dec 7th there was about 5 inches of ice. I thought there would be more with all the cold weather, but it is what it is.....

Default snow cover

Heading up this weekend. for a mix of hunting and ice fishing. What is snow depth on the flowage?

Connor:
    Not sure if you mean depth of snow on the ice or the ground. On the ground it's about 5". On the ice there has been blowing of the snow; it varies from bare ice to a couple inches.....

Thanks Randy
    I meant on the ice. Wanted to know if ice depth would continue to grow.