www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Well, anyone brave the wind yesterday

Default Well, anyone brave the wind yesterday

Any results from the weekend??? The conditions yesterday were about as crazy as I have ever fished in for November. We had snow and sleet then snow and more sleet.

The sleet felt great at 40 mph bouncing off my face!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I only made it out on Saturday. Since the forecast was for wind and rain, I took all the Flyfishing gear out of the vehicle. When I get to the water, its like a sheet of glass with baitfish flying out of the water all over the place!!! I had one follow that I believe was a Musky. I did end up landing my PB Pike at about 34". Man did that thing fight!! I thought for sure that I had a Musky. It was great. I still wish I had the flyrod!! Maybe next time.

Fished the river Saturday and Sunday around Oil City. The water here didn't start to rise until late Saturday night. No luck Saturday, but got a fat 33.5 muskie on a shallow bulldog with higher water on Sunday. Gotta love fishing in those whiteouts.

Fished Lehigh River from 7:30am to 3:00pm. Nothing. It was really hard to control boat. Strong wind, tons of leaves in the water and no fish.
    I'm planning to fish at least 2 days over Thanksgiving weekend.
    Regards, PSV