www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: looking for Old Resort Info - Twin Tahoe, Birchpoint Lodge, & Pine Trees Hideaway

Question looking for Old Resort Info - Twin Tahoe, Birchpoint Lodge, & Pine Trees Hideaway

Greetings from the Sunflower State & Home of the Jayhawks! was looking into making a nostalgic trip up to Mercer but was having a hard time locating any of the resorts my family used to visit - Any info or history on em would be Very Appreciated!

1. Twin Tahoe? my parents stayed there for their honeymoon back in july of 1954. I thought I found the remains of it it once but couldnt be sure

2. Birchpoint Lodge, this was my most memorable resort as a kid going up there from St Louis with my family every summer - I recall 4-6 cabins and it was owned by Al Feese & Marge Feese no real dining just tombstone pizza beef jerky and beer mostly I vaguely recall turning off the main highway by a supperclub then onto Popko Circle?

3. The last place we stayed at was Pine-Trees - Hide a way it was owner by a german couple, Ernie, & Anranka (sp) downstairs bar and restaurant with amazing german food stayed there in the later 80s a couple times

any of these places still around ? most of my memories are from the 70s/80s - the Wampum shop, Sugar Bowl Cafe, Duck Shack, the old RedOwl store. and watching fireworks over a little pond by St Isaac Jogues church any old or current history or status would be appreciated!

Birchpoint is all condos now. Pine trees Hideaway is just the Hideaway now. Club 51 is now the Cranberry Inn I believe. Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks regarding Twin Tahoe.