After a horrific morning of fishing on Wednesday, Thursday's action picked up (SOME). My guests and I were greeted with clear blue sky's on Wednesday along with flat water and a major mayfly hatch. We tried all different areas and structures and pretty much wasted our time, small fish at best along with a little pike action, we called it a day at 1 PM and tried again yesterday, much better action, thank God. With the aid of a little cover and SW winds we done fairly well, walleyes were once again on the slow side, did pick up 7 but only two keepers but we done well on some very nice panfish including perch, bluegills and crappie, even threw a few big rock bass in the mix per guests request. A ton of pike again, boy what a year with them, they are everywhere and are hungry, also boated some nice smallies. All the fish were caught om 1/16th ounce jigs tipped with 1/2 crawler, fatheads, or leeches and all came from 4 foot of water around weeds and shoreline brush.

No trips planned for awhile, need a break, time to sneak out by myself to relax.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net