www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend Musky Fishing 4/24 and 4/25

Default Weekend Musky Fishing 4/24 and 4/25

We got completely shut out on Saturday without even seeing a musky. On Sunday, we changed things up a little and put 2 fish in the net......in back to back casts! I had never seen that happen (in person) before. Adam stuck a low-30’s fish about an hour after we began. After we finished with a few photos, she was released. During that time, the boat had drifted about 40 yards so we began fishing again. On the very next cast, Adam stuck another musky that was a little bigger than the first one. Of course, we did not see another fish for the rest of the day!

We will be chasing bass/pike on Presque Isle next weekend. I have never fished P.Isle before so I am excited to cross that waterway off my list.

Stay tuned and good luck!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

While driving to work this morning, I just remembered something.

CORRECTION: There was another situation where a musky was caught in back to back casts and it was me who did it. The only difference in those 2 situations is I actually caught the same fish in back to back casts. Catching the fish the second time was like reeling in a rag. This fish was only 30" or so and did not really provide much excitement during the first catch much less the second time around.

The interesting part about my encounter that day (prolly around 2008 or so), is by the time I released that fish the first time, we had drifted about 50 yards downriver......So, in about 10 minutes or so, that same fish had swam back to the exact same spot and was there by the time I put the same lure at her doorstep.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com