Rick called me and said his son, Xavier, wanted to learn how to fish. So, we hit the water bright and early hoping Xavier could learn a few things plus catch a few fish in the process. Things were slow for us in the beginning as the casting and retrieve technique took awhile for Xavier to figure out. Then, around 9am, Xavier hooks a really nice pike on light line and the fight was on! Once again, as I was ready to scoop up the mid-30 inch pike, the fish was gone. The hooks pulled free after the first gator roll. We continued fishing and managed to hook about 6-8 bass but only landed 4 of them. It was a fun day nonetheless and Xavier said he was going to become a Pike hunter!

Aaron and I are going to chase muskies first thing this morning then switch over to bass later in the morning provided the boat doesn’t sink as some “torrential” downpours move in around 10am. Aaron will use fly fishing gear as long as the rain/wind isn’t too crazy. We will give it a shot and see what the weather does.

The Fall bass tournament season has arrived as well. There was a tournament yesterday and I think there is another one on the river today.

Stay tuned and good luck!