While the other 2 guys were throwing larger baits, I decided to downsize and throw larger bass baits and slowing things down just to see what would happen. I have to admit it was kinda strange using bass tackle with a 130# leader. As the morning moved along, my crew caught a few pike and had a few follows from mostly pike and 1 confirmed musky. As we drifted along, I kept cleaning up behind those guys with my beefed-up bass rig and picking up a couple smaller pike and 1 decent bass. Like the day before, we had another non-musky (big smallie) eating a musky-sized bait and 2 more nice smallies that didn’t hang on long enough to see the net.

The last fish we got to the net was the rarest of all sportfish here in this section of river....the elusive Tiger musky. They are not stocked anywhere around here and were very likely created here as a result of natural spawning. In 27 years (and 100+ trips per year) of beating on this river, I had only positively identified 6 Tigers. Five of them had seen the bottom of the net and 1 other had followed to the boat back in 1996 or so. The last and largest Tiger we boated was back in November of 2017 or 2018. She measured 47.5. Yesterday’s Tiger ate my bass-sized spinnerbait and was around 33-35 inches. I did not even lift her out of the water for pics but we did get a few water photos.

No fishing for me this weekend but a 4-day slate for next week focusing on mainly bass and muskies.

Good luck and stay safe!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5FB1FF56-1A03-4EA4-B2A0-4C3EE5AE248E.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	32010

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EAE177CC-4EF7-41D0-8364-647B7214E885.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	32011