www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 11/29, 11/30, 12/1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool, I messed around with jigging last summer on LSC. No luck that time, but I will definitely try it again next summer. The deepest stretches in my area are 8-12 ft. I wonder if that is too shallow to try. I feel like I would be seeing the lure at the top of my pulls.

You will likely be seeing the bait (in clear water) at the top at that depth but do not be scared. They will smack it if hungry. I think of it as converting a deep fig-8 fish that hasn't been spooked by you or the boat yet. You could jig off the front or back (or middle if you have some wind or current) of boat which would increase the length of your hypotenuse therefore keeping the bait out and away from the boat. Some creative trolling motor techniques can be incorporated to ensure your bait is seen by the fish before the boat ever drifts overhead. These guys are like sharks and a hungry fish will have no problem eating something from 8-12 feet away.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 12-04-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Very cool, maybe I can give it a try sometime when the conditions are ideal.