www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

The past couple of weeks have seen some cold, wet, and windy weather, making for tough fishing conditions, some tough days but for the most part the bite has been pretty good to very good. Finding walleyes in the deep river channel bends and deep boulders. Been throwing 1/8th ounce jigs tipped with large fatheads and using a very slow retrieve. Most of the eyes my guests and I caught have been very hard to detect except for a dragging weight on the end of your line, not many hard taps at all. As the water continues to rise and the temps continue to fall, expect the eyes to be more aggressive, not only deep but shoreline boulder where the wind is blowing into. Crappie and bluegill fishing has been very good to excellent, 1/16th ounce jigs tipped with soft plastics or medium fatheads have been the choice for crappie while a small piece of crawler or redworm is the best for the gills. Deep brush and cribs have been producing the best but don't overlook drifting the main lake basins with weighted crappie rigs tipped with small minnows, very effective for big suspended crappie this time of year.

This will be my last report for the season, and looking forward to next year already.
    Thanks to all who have shared the TFF experience with me this year, it's been fun.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Thanks for all the reports Don!