www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 10/4 and 10/5

Default 10/4 and 10/5

We spent Friday evening and Saturday chasing Esox on the fly. The conditions seemed right during the evening shift but we couldn’t get anything going at all. Saturday was better as Brodie netted his personal best pike with a chunky 37-incher. We had 2 more blow ups from short striking fish which is a typical occurrence when fishing during post-frontal conditions. Windy conditions made boat and fly control much tougher than normal.

Stay tuned and good luck!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Sounds like you guys had some action and congrats on the personal best. I finally got a trip in Wed. thru early Friday. I ended up getting four on the fly and was glad that Mother Nature decided to drag that cold front movement out for a bit. I thought for sure I was gonna be fishing the sun and wind for my trip. Water temps were still upper 60s and I didn't see any of the "BIG" fish I was hoping to. Still had a great trip and I'm lookin forward to some additional temperature drops to get the big fish on the feed.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 10-08-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Great to hear, Jay. Sounds like you guys were dialed-in!

Good luck this Fall and please stick a pig!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Thanks Red. This was a solo trip, but yeah, things worked out pretty well. It was a bit of a struggle getting used to the new Drifter net while running solo. Its definitely a bit bigger and heavier than what I had been using. At least one of the fish was nice enough to stay hooked even after botching the first net attempt. LOL Good luck this Fall with the big girls too.