This past week has seen mixed action, slow on the walleyes but very good on the big crappie, bluegills, perch are starting to blend in more with them. Deep brush piles, stumps, cribs, and even drifting the main lake basins with crappie rigs tipped with medium fatheads. Vertical jigging the deeper structures with 1/16 ounce Invasion jigs, and regular round head jigs tipped with a small piece of crawler or medium fatheads has been the best method so far. As I said, the walleye action has been on the slow side, but we have been getting some nice ones here and there in these cribs and other deeper structures. I've been adding a little dressing to my jigs for this type of fishing and it has paid off big time. Been making and using soft plastic grubs with 1/2 inch long skirting run through them with a darning needle to make the look like a mayfly or spider, I attach the piece of crawler or fathead behind it and drop it down into the zone and hold on, if they're on the feed, they will hammer it.

Back out Saturday and most of next week, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net