www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 8/18

Default 8/18

After finally deciding to hit the river this morning amidst severe weather warnings, we launched the boat in the dark and off we went.....of course. . My crew wanted some walleye to take home and I knew it was going to be tough because it has been pretty tough lately. I decided to find the shortest stretch of water that held the highest number of legal walleye that I could find. After deciding where to go, it was time to go to work. We spent 7.5 hours (lost 30 min during storm) in a .43 mile stretch of water and managed to hook 16 walleye landing 8 with 5 legals and 3 lost fish at boatside-ish which were all legal for sure. All on artificials.

With such short bite windows occurring during an already tough dog-day bite, running and gunning is likely not the best plan of attack, especially without using live bait. We found fish and we waited them out. When they were hungry, we had immediate delivery.

We did get pounded by a really nice storm around 10 or so and spent a half hour on shore clinging to life. No accidental toothy sightings either, which surprised me.

Chasing trout on Tuesday, muskies on Thursday and Friday is TBA.

Good luck and stay tuned!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

We moved the trout outing to today and then ended up cancelling due to the weather this morning.

Chasing muskies on Thursday and walleye on Friday.

Stay tuned!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com