This past week has seen good to very good fishing conditions along with good to very good action from walleye, jumbo perch, and smallmouth. On the calmer bright sky's days, the best action came from 8 to 12 foot depths over wood, 1/16th ounce Invasion jigs tipped with either 1/2 crawler or large to extra large leeches worked the best when slow jigging over these areas, these mid depth areas produced the largest walleye and smallmouth. An example, 6 nice quality eyes along with 6 big smallies were caught one morning from one spot no larger than a fifty foot circle, my guess is that they were all feeding on a school of small bluegills, that same spot has produced nice fish all week. As far as the shallow bite, that's been very good too but only on wind blown shorelines with scattered brush, these areas have been especially good for good numbers of jumbo perch. Much faster retrieve needed here to keep the 1/16th ounce Invasion jig with 1/2 crawler just above the brush, or use a fixed bobber with a thin wire hook with a piece of crawler, wax worms works well also. When I talk about shallow shorelines, I mean 3 foot or less.

Open schedule again, fish are biting!

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net