The past two days have seen some pretty good walleye action. Doing a full day trip on Wednesday, my two guests and I found limited action working shallow wind blown shorelines with a variety of weedless jigs tipped with fatheads and found one nice eye along with some hammer handles. Moving to 12 foot depths over wood, we found limited action once again as we found only a couple of small eyes and perch. Once we moved to deep 16 foot depths over heavier wood we found pretty good action. Fish were very scattered but we picked up some nice eyes and a nice perch. To finish off the day we ended up working 20 foot deep river channels with rocky bottom and found good numbers of eyes but mostly small, we did manage a couple of decent ones here to finish our day. Yesterday, doing a half day trip, my two guests and I found nothing in the deep channels but we found very good action in the deep wood once again. Using 1/8th ounce Invasion weedless jigs tipped with fatheads, we found not only or limits but several throwbacks. The eyes were tight to the bottom in these areas and using the right weedlees jig paid off as we could feel them bouncing off the deep wood yet still managed to pull fish from these areas. Will say we lost a few jigs but far superior to most weedless jigs on the market.

Back out today for another half day trip with the same gentlemen as yesterday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net