www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Time is Near!

Default The Time is Near!

Can’t wait for my trip up at LOTW! I’ll be up there from June 22nd-29th. Hoping for a good warm up and reasonable water height (but not too high!)

Always fun prepping and looking forward to a much needed vacation!

I'm still chasing Thanksgiving dinner in assorted States but,yes,starting to get ready.Actually just ordered a new trolling motor yesterday.Ordering licenses,RBCs etc today.One of Franks regulars better get his ass in gear and get me my custom 'Twitchers' soon.Have a great vacation/trip!

Glad to hear you’re getting ready for your time up there too. The muskies should be shaking in their boots with your reputation! I hope to cross a few pigs while I’m up there, because the bass only grow so big down here in Florida. Ive been on a good frog bite lately, but 5-8lbrs don’t count when compared to 48”+ brutes. However, the Tarpon are rolling through right now, which is a whole different story.

Seems I remember pics of you with some big ones. Good luck on your trip!

Officially one week out now!

Must.concentrate.at.work.

Good luck on your trip to LOTW and Bay Store. Keep us posted on your trip. The Flatlanders have their annual assault the from 7/13 - 7/20. Looking forward to being up there again. Again, stick a piggie or two and let us know. We all love to fish vicariously through others.

Steve

I’ll keep this thread alive through my trip with the good, bad, and ugly. Hopefully more good than ugly. I’ve got 8 more hours of work and then pure focus on getting up there from Florida!

Travel safe. That sounds like a MAJOR journey !!!

Steve

Well, made it up here yesterday and fished from 3-9. Water temps ranged from 63 main lake to 66 in bays. Weed growth seems a little behind, but all still there. Had a good one on at boatside, but hooks didn’t set right and she pulled off after a second (~45”+). Saw a few others, but not as big. Dealing with a water pump issue with the outboard this morning. Not sure when I’ll be able to get out today... :/

Thanks for the updates! Hope you got your water pump sorted out. Headed in on Saturday

Fixed the outboard and got to fish yesterday! Didn’t do me any good however. Slow day for us, but heard others caught some fish. Need to find some today!

Glad you are up and running udee. Looking forward to your reports. We are now the group chomping at the bit !!!

Steve

Fish were crawling around yesterday. Found some even cruising around spawning flats. Seems like they’re close to really turning on soon. Even saw one “biggie”, but of course she didn’t even attempt to go into a figure 8. One of those that just keep swimming beyond the boat and out to deeper water...sigh.

Yesterday was a good day. Caught 3 with two being good ones. Happy that topwater got some action last night...one of those big explosions and then 5 head shakes at the surface types of action. Hoping the fish continue to cooperate!

Another good day yesterday. Found them in and around weed/rock combo. We hooked a dandy yesterday that came halfway out of the water and then gave us the fin. Caught some good ones, but that would have been nice. Someone at camp caught a 52” the other evening. Made for good dock talk in the morning.

Thanks again for the updates...T minus 2 days

These reports are great and really get my blood pressure rising in anticipation for our trip on July 6th! Don't get all of their mouths sore before we get there! HAHA

Happy to post updates, I know I love reading how other’s trips go!

Yesterday was light winds and high skies later in the day, which made things a little interesting. I think we saw at least 16 muskies paired up in spawning mode yesterday. Of course they’re only interested in one thing and it’s not lures. However, there were some post spawn fish that were active yesterday. We got a good one on a figure 8 at boatside in the middle of the afternoon. Back at it today for our last full day!

Thanks again for the updates. Interesting seeing some paired up still. Sounds like things are progressing at somewhat a normal pace. Keep it going !!!

Steve

Well, the last day came and went. Hot weather and calm winds made it great for seeing all the followers who didn’t want to hit. Saw a good number of fish and was able to stick a good one. It’s one of those hits, fights, and catches you remember all year long. It’s nice when you can see it all go down from start to finish. Lower number of caught fish for us this year, but the ones we caught were good size. The weed growth from the beginning of the week till now is totally different. Everything is growing and pretty visible. My normal spots at the start you could barely see weeds, now they’re sticking out of the water! Gotta love Mother Nature.

Got in on Saturday. Lots of activity and caught a couple in a 1/2 day of fishing. Lost a biggie that would have made the trip.

Sunday was very tough for us. A little activity after the rain over night and the front blowing through. Just a few lazy follows for the day.

Water pretty consistent between 71-73. Weeds are behind but catching up by the day.

Udee2159 thanks for the updates. Cwestly get after them and stick a piggie. We will be there in (10) days, I am champing at the bit !!!!

Steve

Picked up a pair of 44's on Monday...but only a couple shorties the past few days. Water consistently from 71-75. Overall fish activity level is very low. We've hardly even seen anyone else chasing muskies!

cwestly, thanks for the updates. Hope things get better for you the rest of the trip. This a familiar theme I have heard from a few. Sounds like water temp is right where it should be. Regardless, good luck.

Steve

Steve,
    U guys should be good.Fish nuts today and if I could hang on to them,could of set a PB.Bad storm tonight though I hear.Explains the wacko fish.
    Biggies prowling now.You know Barry,he got a 53 yesterday and I was close.Blind squirrels come to mind.
    Finally,I want to correct the record,there really is ONE good Flatlander,Dave J is bringing me oil.Even delivering it here.

Activity picked up significantly on Friday and of course we had to leave Sat AM. Big girls definitely showing themselves on traditional rocky spots Friday night just couldn't quite get one to go. Managed a couple more more shorties. Overall had a fun trip with trip with my kids and family. Will be back August!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190701_121023_858.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	30369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190704_204701.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	30368

Finally got around to posting some pics from my trip on here. I hope y’all have a great time and let’s keep the trip reports rolling!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05134CBD-FAE8-4076-A120-73C91B3C3FB4.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	30370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADD1ADDB-397A-451A-8B96-94DA61160077.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	30371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDD2DF3D-C9B3-4805-BF01-59E8AAC5687A.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	30372

Thanks for the positive vibes DP. Yes Dave Jack is a good man, one of the best in the club. He has helped me more than once before. Cwestly those are some nice pics and even better memories. Those kids will not forget the experience. Udee2159, nice fish also and glad your had a good trip. Our group is pacing frantically to get up there. We will share reports when we can. 4 more days and we will be in camp.

Steve