Quote Originally Posted by Greenkeeper View Post
Thanks for info Brew. I support this and don’t think it will change how I fish here. Those 14” fish taste great!

If there was a 16” minimum here I would rarely catch a keeper and go fish somewhere else. The guides would have to find more perch,gills and crappie otherwise they they would go broke...
They can only get to 16 if you let the 14's grow then you"ll have a lot more 16's. I've said it before when I first started going up there they had a 16" size limit. It was hard to find many that small. Most were 18s or bigger. Suffer a few years to enjoy a bigger sized fish. Lakes I've fish at home had 18" to 20" slot size to get the fishery size up worked great. When the population of fish was of nice size they adjusted the size limits again. This was done on smallies as well as eyes. And on the smallies it was 1 limit fish for many years to build the population. Nice to know when you catch a fish it's not going to be pocket sized but photo worthy.

Like I said just my 2 cents. If catching 12 to 14 inch eyes is your thing that's the place to do it. I'm catch and release anyway so makes no difference to me.

gdi