www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: We had a pretty good day.

Default We had a pretty good day.

We had 1 nice feeding window but it only lasted for about 1 hour. During that 57 minute span, we netted a thick 44 and had 2 tight follows from 2 MUCH larger fish. (I decided to water release the 44 so we could do our best to save time and capitalize on the major between 8:30 and 10 something that morning so no pics were taken.)

We decided to cancel today’s adventure due to the severe negative weather change that happened overnight.

Good luck!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Way to go Red. Sounds like you guys are getting some good early season action.

I got my boat out late last week and am still having issues with my outboard stalling intermittently. I've been battling this thing for about a year and a half. Dropped it at the Boat Shop again and they believe it was caused by a crack in the gas tank and water getting in there. That makes some sense to me and am hoping that does it. Only ended up with a nice Pickerel and a big Largemouth. Saw one decent Pike and no Muskies. Will be nice if boat is back to 100% and not limiting my fishing distances this year.

Hopefully you get the boat stuff figured out. It really does stink when you want to travel further distances and fish but in the back of your mind you are wondering if you can actually get there and back. It is hard to enjoy yourself without that confidence. 3 years ago on LSC we had to use the kicker to get back from Canada. A normal 20 mile run took us 3.5 hours to return via the kicker!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Thanks Red. Yep, you got that right. Definitely sucks not knowing if it will start again. Friday afternoon was one of the few times I was actually happy there was about 15+ mph wind since I was able to use it help slowly make my way back toward the launch. LOL

Anyhow, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Hope you guys keep up the good early season action up there.

No problem on the hijacking. That stuff doesn’t bug me as long as it is remotely close to the thread title. As a matter of fact, I will add more to the HJ by finishing my story......

My little story above kinda sucked because I forgot to mention the part about us knowing there was something a little off with our engine way before we even launched the boat. It sure did not stop us from hauling arse to Canada with our fingers crossed and Bibles in the livewell. The real problem was the musky fever just did not allow us to think rationally......and we paid for it.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

LOL I shouldn't laugh, but I'm guessin we've all put ourselves in those types of situations just to chase these fish. I remember another trip we did that included more outboard issues and we tried to outrun a storm using just the trolling motor. Needless to say, didn't work out too well.