0° – 5° F

WATER TEMP
Below 40° F

THE ANGLERS CHOICE GUIDE SERVICE.COM johnandrew@centurytel.net 715-892-3020
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	29899 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	29900 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	29899
(“NO FISH NO PAY, GUARANTEED”.)

03-05-2019

PERCH:

This post is dedicated to my below clients and my friend Ron. You are the best. Sorry no Gill Posts, the Perch were just to good (for us) to pass up this ice season.

Our Perch bite is the best in years. This family had a great time catching Perch, even the 3 and 4 year olds were doing it. Mom and Dad couldn’t be more proud.
These smiles say it all. “May and June” are completely booked, openings in Summer and Fall.

Wax worms and Minnows still lead the way for best results, for us. Yes, we do catch some on plastics and even a few on spoons and lures but, live bait is still King, for us. Deep water and color absolutely does make a difference in the amount of strikes we get. We are in deep water, over 30 ft and still on wood structure, for us.

In relatively clear water or, clear water, you will never beet an under water camera, which is all we use in all of my 6 wood and insulated ice houses, simply the best. A learning tool that is under utilized.

Now, as far as the deep snow and slush, well, it is the worst I personally have seen it in over a decade. 30 inches of snow and slush on certain lakes.

Another snow storm is rolling in this weekend, as predicted by the Weather Service. As previously posted, (when moving slowly) if you move 2 feet off a hard pack trail you are stuck. Well now, it is if you move 12 inches off a hard packed trail (when moving slowly) you are stuck. Go fast when off a hard packed trail and you will be fine otherwise go steady on a hard packed trail and you will also be fine.

With the warm weather in the 30’s this coming Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday all the snow is going to get mushy, fast. Be safe and bring a snowmobile or Trax.

As always, stay positive, think clearly, do not listen to negative talk and do not listen to negative people.
God Bless
John Andrew