I would say my first experience with the kiosk at Jerry’s was a total failure. I met a guest there to help him through his first experience, and could not make it work. There must be various versions of the software floating around. I was told by the Jerry’s people that they have been using the “guest check in” feature to check in. It was not available on the screen although they said it was there an hour prior, and was on the instruction guide pasted to the wall. The normal sign in requires you submit, and receive an email to create an account. I am virtually certain than when I did the phone app, there was an option if you did not have access to email. Without it, we were dead in the water. I tried using my email, but would not work. I assume a safeguard to not set up two accounts on an email account. So, based on this you have to have access to your email right there. We ended up fighting for a phone check in, and eventually got it.

Looks like they still have a bunch of bugs to work out. Even thought you are not on location, you may want to get this thing debugged on your phone before you get here. And be sure to have email access here.