MUSKY HUNTER MAGAZINE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

Jim Saric, Editor of Musky Hunter Magazine, announced today the sale of Musky Hunter Magazine to All Musky Productions LLC, owned by Gregg Thomas and Tony Grant. Effective with the October/November 2018 issue, the magazine, website and merchandise will now be under the editorial management of All Musky Productions. Esox Promotions, Inc,, doing business as Musky Hunter Magazine, has owned the magazine since 1997.

All inquiries about the magazine should be now directed to: All Musky Productions LLC, P.O. Box 370, Frenchburg, KY 40322 | 1-800-23MUSKY.

“I turn this business over to the capable hands of musky pros Gregg Thomas and Tony Grant who have extensive experience throughout the musky range and will bring a new perspective to the magazine ”, said Jim Saric, internationally regarded musky professional, writer, producer and host of The Musky Hunter Television show. “It has been a tremendous journey for 21 years and I take great pride in how we expanded the brand throughout the musky range. I owe a great deal of gratitude to my staff, namely Steve Heiting, my managing editor, and Jennie Smith, who ran the subscription and merchandising side of the business, for their loyalty, creativity and professionalism during the past 2 decades. I will now concentrate my efforts on The Musky Hunter television show and expanding it’s digital footprint, so that I can continue to do what I love: educate and excite anglers throughout the world about musky fishing, and promote the exceptional products of my loyal partners.”

Under Saric’s ownership, Musky Hunter Magazine became an industry leader in the musky angling sport and greatly expanded its circulation and notoriety when it created a digital footprint by developing one of the first fishing websites, a highly accessed forum, social media presence and the first and only musky fishing app. The company also promoted its brand through its high quality merchandise sold online and in its flagship store located in St. Germain, Wisconsin. But it is the television show, which is entering its 13th successful season that fires Saric up the most.

“The Musky Hunter television show enables me to visually teach people all about the unique and elusive fish I’ve chased for 40 years”, said Saric. The show, which will appear again on CBS SportsNetwork, Fox Sports North and NBC Sports Chicago, is a fast-paced high-energy program highlighting musky waters, techniques and musky pros throughout North America. The 13th season of The Musky Hunter launches on January 5, 2019. Along with the award-winning television show, expect to see an increasing presence from Saric in the social media world.

Musky Hunter magazine is the largest publication designed specifically for the musky fishing enthusiast. The niche magazine boasts a long lineage of well-known and respected anglers throughout it’s almost 30 year history. The magazine was initially published in 1989. Joe Bucher became the first Editor and together with Jim Saric has remained a fixture in the publication from its inception. In 1997, Willow Creek Press sold the magazine to Saric’s company, Esox Promotions, Inc.

Jim Saric was inducted as a Legendary Angler into the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in 2012. In addition to producing and hosting The Musky Hunter television series, Saric has produced 17 musky-fishing DVDs, co-wrote The Complete Guide to Musky Hunting and authored Muskies My Way. He’s a contributing writer for several publications, and has a monthly column in Midwest Outdoors magazine. He frequently guest-hosts many radio programs nationwide. A seven-time musky tournament winner, Jim conducts seminars and teaches classes on musky fishing throughout the country. Jim has over 40 years’ experience on lakes, reservoirs and rivers from Minnesota to New York and all across Canada.