www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chautauqua early Fall

Default Chautauqua early Fall

Red and anyone else,

I have a trip scheduled for next week up to Chautauqua. I was really hoping the water and air temps were gonna be a lot cooler by this time of year when I planned this trip. Anyhow, do you guys have any recommendations on which section of the lake to at least start exploring. As usual, I will be attacking the water with a Flyrod, so trolling is not an option. Other than trying weed edges and looking for suspended baitfish, I'd appreciate any other advice. We will be staying in the Bemus Point area, so should be able to get to most of the lake pretty easily. Good luck to everyone this Fall, hope we all find some beasts out there.

Jay

Cross your fingers that you have a favorable wind and the floaters aren't too bad.

I will shoot you an email by Wednesday (please remind me if you have not gotten one by then) with a lake report and some suggestions.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I have fingers crossed for a lot of Mother Nature related issues. Probably have to use some toes too before its all said and done. LOL

Thanks Red. Sounds good. We are heading up on thursday so that should work out pretty well.

We've been getting a bunch of fish suspended over open water over the last couple months, but things seem to be starting to change. North end temps were 67/68 this weekend, down from 73/74 the previous weekend. This weekend was a little slower, but still pretty good...I'm not sure if the pattern we have been fishing is fading or if this weekend was just a bit off. I don't know what the weeds are like in the south end now, but I know big areas were treated/killed down there this year. I would probably focus on weed edges north with your fly gear. The usual spots...bemus, prendergast, warner bar, irwin, mayville, dewittville.

The South end weeds were in pretty good shape but that was 5 weeks ago.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Ivan and Red,

Thanks a ton for the advice/info. My brother will be throwing conventional gear and me flies of course. We are gonna give it hell and see what happens. At this point, I'll be happy just being on the water.

Jay