www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bony-eared assfish

Default Bony-eared assfish

Well even though I now reside in a foreign land(Morson),thought It might be permissible to drop in now and then to say ‘hi’ to all you bony-eared assfish fishermen.Hadn’t fished at all this summer but arrived here 8/1 and must say it’s nice to be back casting a few hours each day and even do a fair amount of catching as well.Over here that is a real accomplishment compared to there cause we have the elephant nose strain of muskies which,as I’m sure you know,are substantially more intelligent than the bony-eared assfish strain.
    To be candid,I should add the fishermen here vs there seem to exhibit similar characteristics.Nevertheless the real purpose of this note is just to say hi and good fishing to you all.I really do miss you-bony asses and all.
    Dick

Miss ya too buddy good luck, boss got a nice 44 1/2" today Over here on the west side AKA the cool people side ! LOL

I was wondering where you'd been hiding. Have you moved house completely, or is it a summer cottage in Morsen?

Do you get calls from Mork when he gets drunk? Mork calling Morsen hic.

Hi Tim!Trailer on the lake,poor mans abode.Actually think I heard Mork outside last night.
    Darren,Darren it’s hard to remain cool with short grey hair but I try.Topwater man,topwater.All day long!
    Running late,later.

Got a dandy on the Rumbler first stop today and was admiring how handsome the elephant nose strain is compared to the bony-eared assfish strain you cool guys have over there.Your fish are big headed then skinny to the tail.Ours are thick throughout.Do a search on ‘fish intelligence’ as well.Good wiki article complete with pics.

Tuff day today out here seen a few biggies first am then they went bye bye managed 3 smaller fish but worked really really had 2 hr. break between 2-4 !
    Darren

oops,double post.

Yeh,long day for an old guy like you Darren.
    This ol guy was in by 1 pm and never left the AC after that.Fishing today then done for a very short year.May have been short but it was great to get back fishing and actually we racked up some pretty impressive numbers based on what we’ve been hearing.Started with a bang cause was chauffeured around by my buddy Barry 3 days and he got me into a couple nice ones right off the bat.Ended up good.
    Hi to Carole and get another legal or 2!

Thanks buddy the best of luck to you guys on your life's adventure's

Darren,
    Hope you could fish where you wanted today,but I doubt it with this wind.I couldn’t.They we’re going though,for the second AM in a row got a nice one on the surface my first stop🤓
    Got another small one in a spot Brian got one years ago when I took you guys for a ride.Been good around there if interested.
    Anyway boat is on the trailer and heading home in AM.
    Wish all here good health and good fishing!
    Hope we see each other next year.
    Dick

Glad to hear your still up there Dick.
    Tim,Lauren and I will be up the last week of August for a second trip.We were up same week as the Flatlanders in July.
    Dan

Trip recap :
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Ok my trip was cut short due to someone placing a rock somewhere and Lakemaster did not find it, the Navionics boys did was using my Lakemaster at the time, yes I knew it was there but was in a hurry during a bite window to get the monster we seen and was 5 ft. off O'well another lesson learned.
    Saturday got 2 one on a Crane and one on a LLungen tail, Sunday got 3 two on the Crane and one on a Dadsons 9mm, Monday got 5 finally think we figured it out had 2 in the net by 6:30 am 1 on a Fat Bastard and 1 on a Double 8 Juice, got 1 more middle of the day and 2 more around 8 P.M. then decided to run to "THE"spot and boom.
    One area of the lake we raised a lot of big fish other area we caught smaller fish, fish size's 34", 37', 37", 38", 38",41",41", 41" 42" & 44". Seeing the smaller fish is good for the future IMO we seen plenty of big fish even lost a few, 5 fish caught on the 8 the other 5 caught on the cast out, could of had another 6 fish if they stayed hooked but did not. Can not predict how the rest of the week would of gone but felt confident it was going to go well.
    I think the future is bright and look forward to next year
    Darren