Walleye action on Thursday was pretty good as my guest and I found action mostly in the 6 to 8 foot depths over weeds and or wood. Using 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with 1/2 crawlers, we found some very nice eyes, mostly 16 to 21 inches relating fairly tight to the bottom, slow retrieve in the weeds while a gentle jigging motion over the wood worked the best. Along with the eyes, we also boated a few nice jumbo perch and 2 hefty smallmouth, both smallmouth along with the 21 inch eye were released. Spent a couple days scouting out a couple of area lakes that I haven't fished in years and found mostly small panfish and skinny pike, couldn't believe how the weeds have taken over on some of these lakes. Was out on the TFF again yesterday for a half day trip and spent our time vertical jigging some cribs and deep water stumps and did find some decent walleye and crappie action, caught a good number of crappie but only two keepers along with two keeper eyes, all on crawlers, one big gill was caught on a minnow.

Back out tomorrow for another half day trip, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net