www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 7/26

Default 7/26

We hunted river muskies for 6 hours and then chased bass before hanging it up around 3pm. We moved 2 nice muskies between 9:30 and 11 but could not get them to eat. We caught several bass but nothing over 2 pounds or so.

Heading to Michigan/Canada today with the Bondy Slam Tournament meeting today at 7pm. Sounds like there are several new teams coming this year so it should be a good time once again. Hopefully my quest for a 55” fish can be had sometime before 8/5.

Stay tuned for updates!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

SOunds like an awesome trip coming up for you. Good luck and am lookin forward to some pics of a 55+!!

Thanks, Jay.

Well, no 55 in the net but I did raise 2 and maybe 3 specimens well over 50 but that is all I can say for sure. We were on fish of that caliber but the bite got slow after the cold front on 7/26 and the bigguns were especially tight lipped. All a man can ask for is the opportunity to catch a true trophy....we were fishing those areas and that was the goal from the start. Gotta find them to catch them.

I pulled my bait away many times on sub-45 fish as to not waste time during the short bite windows we were dealing with. Our 3rd guy who drove out just to fish the tourney caught a 51 during the tourney and almost won the big fish pot but was nudged out by a 51.5 on the second day.

We netted several fish in the 44-47 range and a few 36.25 to 41 inch class....hardly any small fish. We saw more fish over 45 than fish under 40! I caught 0 fish and it was the best week of musky fishing I have had in awhile.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Definitely sounds like a good trip man. I have been kickin around the idea of maybe trying a trip to Lake of the Woods at some point in the not too distant future. I emailed a resort asking about how things are for flyfishing. The reply I got was not very positive but that made me want to try it even more. LOL Just knowing that we would be on monster fish during the trip would be enough for me. As long as the potential is there, I am good with that.

Jay,

I have several summer time spots on the US side of LSC that can yield 50” class fish but more geared for good numbers in the 40-48 inch range. Much shorter trip than MN and the money you will save can keep you fishing an few extra days. Lemme know if interested.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

That sounds fantastic!! Sending PM.