www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

As my last report stated, bookings have been on the slow side, add to that a week off due to a death in our family, my wife lost her baby brother to an aortic aneurysm. I have been out a handful of times with fairly good results on the walleye, jumbo perch and the smallie action is improving. Walleyes for the most part have been scattered in the shallow weeds on the hot sunny days and also relating to large stumps located on or near sharp drop-offs and have been caught mostly on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either 1/2 crawler or large leeches. Cloudy days have seen most action on the wind blown shorelines and also relating to 8 to 12 foot deep stumps and laid down timber, both the eyes and smallies found in decent numbers in these areas. Perch are aggressive in the shallow weeds but patience is needed as the majority are small but it pays off when the big jumbos grab your bait, slip bobbers work well in these weeds as does a slow moving 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jig tipped with 1/2 crawler or small leeches.

Back out today and Thursday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Don,
    My condolences on the loss of your Brother-in-law.
    Jeff
    "Try not! Do, or do not....there is no try."