www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trip Recap (6/23-6/30)

Default Trip Recap (6/23-6/30)

Hey Guys,

I figured I’d do a quick trip recap, since I know a lot of guys want to know what has been going on up there. First off, a huge thanks to Frank, Laura, and Kale for making the trip another great one. Everything was more than what was expected and Frank made sure to make it run like clock work.

Now for Muskies...water temps were mid 60s when we first showed up, but were regularly 73-76 towards the end of the trip. Water seemed to be a couple of inches down, which helped our prop find a few new rocks (be careful).

Beginning of the week, we found them all over and spread out over different structure (cabbage, rocks, sand, current, etc). Towards the end of the trip, wind blown rock was the ticket. Caught 21 Muskies between myself and my Dad. Lost a couple of bruisers, but did manage to catch a couple of good ones. It was a day by day pattern, between blades and jerkbaits. Typical later evening Topwater saw some action as well.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the report! We will be arriving at Bay Store next Saturday for our 17th annual trip and can't wait!

Thanks for the great report. Our group is chomping at the bit to get there. Lisa's group has (1) year up on us, we are heading for 16th year !!

Steve