www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 5/19 and 5/20

Default 5/19 and 5/20

We opted for Tionesta instead of the “cooler than normal” river on Saturday. After about an hour, I put my bucktail into a “stop dead snag” in about 5.5 feet of water but after a second or two, the headshaking began. I tried handing my rod off to Scott but he would have none of that. It did not take long to get the fish boatside for a good peek but then she peeled some serious drag again. As we prepared for the net job, she made a 3rd run......rolled a time or two and was gone. (That was the only musky action we had.)

In hindsight, all I can say is it was a very big musky.....considerably longer than the 46.5 we scored down there last month. There have been 10-12 or so musky that have pulled drag like that and all but 1 of them were 50+. (The other was an incredibly powerful 49 on LSC 2 summers ago.)

We cancelled today’s outing.

Back at it again this Friday.

Stay tuned.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

You gotta love the power of some of these fish. Sounds like she could have been a tanker.

I should have a chance for a quick trip next week, so I hope the big fish vibes stick around for another week or so.

so cool! Does that lake get a lot of pressure?

Hopefully, your trip happens and slime soon follows!

Regarding the lake pressure, it gets plenty of pressure.....not sure if it gets a lot. I hadn't been on it for 2 years until last month so I may not be the best guy to answer that question. We saw 4 other boats trolling on Saturday.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com