Waning Gibbous

CONDITIONS
Sunny

AIR TEMP
71° - 75° F

WATER TEMP
51° - 55° F

("NO FISH NO PAY, GUARANTEED")

More great people enjoying the Great North Woods of Iron County Wisconsin. Besides there limit of Walleye caught in and out of the river channels on minnows, (I kept 2 for dinner, that I caught) we enjoyed a bonus catch of this magnificent Sturgeon. A 1 hour and 6 minute video was taken. Jeff Robel watched the first few minutes and then left in his boat.

We enjoyed a total of 4 tremendous leaps out of the water and had to chase the fish with the trolling motor over and over again. Under the boat, around the boat, down to the bottom, then 4 individual 100 ft runs away from the boat, out of the channel, back into the channel edge we were fishing and finally into the boat.

This was an exhausting experience for Dave as he kept saying to all of us in the boat, this is just like catching Tarpon when you and I go to Key West Florida for the past 11 years except, this time we did it on, "6 lb line and a 1/8th oz jig head". This Sturgeon was eventually landed and a quick photo was taken and released, witnessed by another boat watching, a black and silver Lund.

Absolutely an Awesome job Dave. My Hat goes off to you, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this incredible and valiant effort.

Water temps are rising quickly with the bright sunny sky's of the last few days. Many reports of quality catches have been reported all over the north. Even warmer temps are forecast for Monday and Tuesday and then a cool front is moving in.

As always, stay positive, think clearly and do not listen to negative talk.

God Bless

John Andrew