www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Options to Help Support Musky Fisheries

Default Options to Help Support Musky Fisheries

Red, and everyone else,

I am just curious as to all of the options out there to get involved with assisting our Musky fisheries. In the past, I have been part of an Organization or two and have also supported projects like the Minnow Funds to help supply food to hatcheries. I have not seen much related to Minnow funds over the last year or two. Are those still being done or are they just going thru different channels now? Anyhow, I am just looking for new ways that I might be able to get involved and offer support in some way, shape or form. Hope everyone has an outstanding 2018.

Jay

In the past year I became a member of my local Muskies Inc chapter. I do not know about the Western PA chapter. I know we raised quite a bit at the Ohio Muskie show with donated baits from the bait makers. I am assuming the local chapters do similar?

gfishes,

Thanks for the info. I have been a Muskies Inc. member in the past with a couple different chapters in PA. I am also hoping to find some additional options if they are out there. For instance, in my area (State College) there is an organization or two that help with river cleanups and monitoring and things of that sort. Not sure if there is also that type of thing on the Musky side of things or not.

Jay