www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walleye status on the flowage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rip tff...

Shut it down for a couple years,these guides are paying off 50k boats selling our resources.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDuck View Post
    Rip tff...

Shut it down for a couple years,these guides are paying off 50k boats selling our resources.
    Totally wrong! Try "shut down the damn Indians" for a year or 2.
    R.I.P. Hiawatha Resort

Rip tff...

Interesting post BlackDuck. Looking back thru your postings, you've thanked Don Pemble for his reports, and have pointed people to look at Jeff Robl's over on L-L, now you slam the guides?

HRG

Back in the day when you could keep 5 per day an 10 in total they had a size limit of 16". Heads had to remain on. Nobody really kept that small of a fish 18s could be had very easy. I say they need to get a size limit back on and I wouldn't mind a few years of no keep. I fished a local lake that no smallies could be kept for years to bring up the numbers. The worst thing they did was when they opened it up they went with a 15" size limit. Now you have all to do to catch anything over 16. You have to remember people cheat if you tell them 15 is good to go you have the guy that think 14.5 is close enough, kinda like a speed limit. I haven't takin a fish out of the TFF in over 25 years but I still enjoy going up there and fishing. One other thing they should look into the Northern problem no real reason that they can't get a better size fish there. Never used to catch one under 20" now your lucky when you get an 18. It's not always about the keepin its about the things you see and the people you see them with.

Just my 2 cents.

gdi

Rip tff...

"Walleyes speak and they say guide with 50k boat is less threat than spears coming out of a 50k SUV in spring."

There is no doubt the guides have put long hours and days in to gain the knowledge they have and thus are able to have better success than the average fisherman. This being said rarely if ever do I read of them keeping the important breeding stock females. On the other hand the spear seems to target the very source of the FFL that being the prime reproducing females. Without these females you can shut the lake down indefinitely and struggle to bring it back to past years. The other group which has no care about the sex of the walleye are the musky which have flooded the TFF as a fish to catch but heaven forbid harvest. If we want to see a better TFF we need to stop the later 2 from continuing on the path they are on.