www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What Jet Boat

Default What Jet Boat

Hello everyone,

First off, Red thanks for great forum. I'm in the market for a new jet boat. We have a camp in Emlenton, but I like musky fishing pretty much the whole river from Tionesta even down to Ford City. I also have a family of 5 that loves to float down the river swimming etc. and I'm trying to find a boat that has a wind shield/cover for cold months and a swim deck for warm months, but also has the ability to be fished out of. Currently, I'm thinking about the Kingfisher 1875 Falcon, but it is a little bit small at 18'6". I'm also waiting on specs and pricing on a Rogue Jet Boatworks 22'. Red and anyone else, what do you think? I know you have an extreme shallow. I would like to be able to fish this boat on Chautauqua and West Branch. Is it unrealistic to find an "all around" jet boat?

Jason

Hey Jason,

Before Kingfisher acquired JetCraft/Harborcraft, they made an 18ft. boat that fits the description of what you are looking for. I think it had a 13-degree deadrise which made it pretty good for lakes and would still get you (comfortably) through some 7-8" river water as well. Without looking at the Kingfisher site, that boat still may be in production. As a matter of fact, a good friend of mine bought this exact boat (the year before I grabbed my ExtremeShallow) and may still have it for sale. The 18/75 you mentioned may be that exact boat..... I will take a peek at the Kingfisher site and see what they have momentarily.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Yep, it is the Falcon 18/75 with the 12-degree deadrise. That boat will go thru some very skinny water if you put it into a slide while traveling thru the skinniest part of the flat. My buddy has this exact boat and I think he still has it for sale. IIRC, it has the Yamaha 160 SportJet 4-stroke.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I would love to check it out. Please give him my email if he still has it for sale. jason@breaknecktavern.com Thanks