www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chautauqua 8/23

Default Chautauqua 8/23

Andy and I fished from 7:30 to 1 today using Musky Bombs and Pounders. I managed to stick a 35" or so and lost a real nice fish after a few headshakes. When I got my pounder back to the boat, it was shredded up pretty well. Andy got zapped as well but only for a headshaking or two and was gone. Definitely post-frontal today so we were fairly pleased with the results, especially since we were casting and not trolling.

Hitting the river tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

No fishing for me today. My body needed rest as I am feeling some tendonitis creeping into my shoulder. Planning on an early morning assault tomorrow as the bachelor life is coming to a close very soon!

Stay tuned!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Good luck man. With the warm waters and me not liking to fish in the hot humid stuff, its probably another month or so until I can start planning another trip. I may have finally reached the point where I am going to mainly target times and waters for bigger fish. We'll see how that goes. LOL Really lookin forward to some Fall fishing this year and need to seal the deal on some decent fish on the fly. Those bent hooks and losing fish at the net situations are getting old.

It sure cooled off around these parts the past couple days with highs in the 60's! It was actually a chilly boat ride cutting thru dense fog this morning. I hate to wish the rest of summer away but I sure am ready for Fall fishing too.....just not the snow removal.

I am like you, Jay. I just want to chase big fish.....the biggest I can find around here.....no matter the species.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Yep, I think that point was finally driven home for me earlier this year. Lost a few good sized musky in May, then caught a few upper 30's fish and just couldnt stop thinking about those bigger ones. I'm with ya on the multi-species part of it too. I currently have my eye on a 20+" brown trout in Spring creek. I've been able to get most of the other fish in this particular spot to hand, but just haven't figured the big one out yet. I'm planning to swing a big old streamer thru there once we get a little rain that brings the water up a bit.

I'm definitely ready for the Fall fishing too!