We pounded the water (and the water pounded back) last week while chasing muskies on LSC. We had a less than desirable week looking for a 55" fish. We were forced inland for about 1 days worth of fishing (weather) and lost a half-day to an impellar situation. After adjusting some waypoints targeting deeper water, we started catching better quality fish. Overall, the bite has been tough there this year with spurts of good action, according to a few guides/charter captains. We were sitting on big fish 5 of the 9 days but just couldn't get a pig to eat. We threw giant stuff most of the time and rode 2 straight days worth of 4-5 foot waves while casting until Saturday, when my body broke at 2:30pm......It had been awhile since I found the 'wall' but it sure felt like it always had before!!

Our largest was 48.5 and smallest was a 37" or so. We saw 2 fish in the low-50 inch class for sure and possibly a 3rd. Several followers each day except Saturday, Sunday and following Friday, Saturday with 1 day of no sightings and the other 3 only seeing 1 or 2 fish....2 of the 4 of those days the wind was howling from the East and we were on bad waypoints.

All things considered, it was a good trip with some excellent casting areas acquired. Looking forward to next year already!!

I will be pounding the river and Chautauqua starting tomorrow for the next several days as summer break winds down and no family home.

Stay tuned.