www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 8/8 Fishing

Default 8/8 Fishing

Fished super hard for muskies today and could only manage a 30" follow in 4 hours.

I am really liking the Jig Ripper handle for pulling big blades. It is really nice having more leverage on the rod and fig-8's are a breeze with one hand. I am not grabbing the entire handle when using blades.....kinda like a modified palming of the reel minus the thumb, which is on the side/top of the reel.

Back at it tomorrow morning...
    Last edited by Red Childress; 08-10-2017 at 06:36 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

So are you running more blades this year on the river? I know you said you dont have a ton of Luck on Blades and was curious as to how the season has went for you and anymore success on blades than normal?? How Did the casting tourney on ST clair go for you??

Yes, I am seeing more fish on blades than normal considering the amount of time I use them. A couple of times this summer, the blades have saved the day. The number of musky encounters this summer has been above average considering the increased number of bass and walleye trips I have done.

We did OK in the tournament by measuring 1 fish in 1.5 days of fishing. We were not in the right areas for the first 2 days until Monday afternoon. The tournament served its purpose and helped us make some adjustments for the following week. The guys at MI-58 were a nice bunch of guys and the tournament went well with an abbreviated number of participating teams. There were 17. There was a big Can/Am trolling tournament the same weekend and that pulled a bunch of boats out of the field. Plus, the bite wasn't awesome either.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com