www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 8/7 Fishing

Default 8/7 Fishing

I chased muskies alone today for 3-4 hours mainly to get in better fishing shape for the upcoming trip to LSC. Threw some big stuff and did some D10 pulling with my semi-new jig ripper handle. While throwing some new blades, I managed to stick a 47-49" muskie. It was one of (if not) the best fig-8 strikes ever. I saw the fish coming during the last 10 feet or so and was able to seal things up in the first turn. It went perfectly and just like you envision it happening while day-dreaming.

I decided to water release so I could get back fishing because I had seen another fish nearby and she was bigger. Plus, this fish was barely hooked and probably saved 10-15 minutes cutting her loose early. Anyway, did the 'ole boat side estimation with my length markings and knew it was not 50 but pretty close. I did not see the larger fish afterwards but tomorrow is a new day.

Stay tuned.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Good stuff Red. Gotta love when things that have played in your mind seem to come together with these fish. It doesn't seem to happen often, but pretty amazing when it does. My favorite to daydream of is the blast of the bait by a fish about 10ft from the boat that you have no idea was there. Just kind of lost in the cadence of the retrieve when all of a sudden a fish shows up out of nowhere and T-bones the bait. Game on!!

Thats cool you did the quick release to get back to fishing. Honestly, I haven't lifted a fish out of the water in a couple years now. I try to get some GoPro footage, get the fly out and then send em on their way. Now, if/when I get a monster like you are talking about, I'll have to at least try to get a measurement. I'm still kickin myself for not getting a measurement on a Pike from a few years back. I was kind of bummed when I saw that it wasn't a Musky and just released it without thinking. As it swam away, it hit me that it may very well be the biggest pike I ever catch. LOL Oh well.

Good luck with that bigger fish. Hope she is ready to eat.

cant beat that for prep work for a tourney....awesome to hear my man...I lost one in the 8 Sunday short struck during the retrieve short struck again in the 8 kept i tgoing Hit a Second time in the eight pulled up hard was there split second and gone think it short struck again...guess you chalk that up to Muskie Fishing Cant Complain....We stuck a 39 and a 41 that evening in 3 hours of fishing and lost one in the 8 so bitching here