www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tuesday Fishing

Default Tuesday Fishing

A much better day today with around 30 smallies and 8 legal walleye. We had 3 smallies over 4 pounds and several in the 2.5 a 3.5 pound range. We only had 1 walleye under 3 pounds and 2 over 6 pounds with the rest in the 4 to 5 pound range. It was probably one of the best sets of walleye I have been able to put together in 24 years. All fish caught on artificial lures. The weather had a LOT to do with it too.

I will likely spend some time on Chautauqua over the next few days doing some different programs with the Musky Bombs.

Stay tuned and good luck!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

That sounds like an awesome day Red, way to go. Just out of curiosity, how deep are you guys getting the bass and walleye? I bought myself a 7wt flyrod last year for basically anything between tout and Musky. I've only had it out a couple times on a shallow river for smallies so far. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to hit a walleye or two using flies though. Since I can't get out chasin musky a whole lot, I am trying to find some other options closer to me.

Good luck up at Chautauqua throwin da Bombs!!

You will really enjoy banging big smallies! I havent done it much but the times I have, it was a blast!

We caught all those fish in less than 6 FOW and was a mixture of slow and fast-ish current areas.

Good luck.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com