www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 5th fishing report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default June 5th fishing report

We have been seeing a fair amount of fish but unfortunately not boating any. I've only had three muskie trips so far. I still have a few walleye trips left. The water temperature is in the low 60's right now. I've seen as high as 74 degrees in a few back bays. The topwater bite has kicked in as we had four muskie hit topwater last night. Unfortunately we went 0 for 4. That's the way it goes sometimes. Tom had three of them hit and those were his first three topwater hits so that's to be expected. Dan missed one also but that's just because he plain blew it! We gave him plenty of ribbing afterwards. Looks like a great week for weather so the bite should stay hot.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Interesting Ty. When I throw topwater, I have found that I have to have intense concentration on the lure to the point where it wears me out and makes me tired. LOL I've watched you use topwater. You talk, you look at me, you gawp around and you catch the snot out of fish on topwater, seldom missing a fish. It's magic, I swear. My point: when exactly, does one set the hook on a topwater hit ? When you see the action, or when you "feel" the action ? Or when you hear it ?

You definitely want to set the hook on the feel of the fish rather than on the splash. Also, it's more of a sweeping toolset than a straight up and down toolset like with bucktail.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com